Saturday 21 April 2007

When a night out isn't a night out...

...when it costs you sodding £100 to get home. That's when...

It started off well enough, with the director of our company inviting some of us frontline guys to a pub in Farringdon to join him in entertaining a recruitment agency (on their budget). Didn't end up spending a penny until I was in the taxi (but enough of that until later)...

I'm almost thinking that Karma is dealing me a raw one just to make up for the AMAZING week I've had so far. Went to a press screening of Spiderman 3 on Wednesday, which by all rights I wouldn't have been at had I not screamed like a baby to get myself into it. It was AMAZING though... it was at the big Odeon in Leicester Square and everything. Exactly how it would have been if I'd had to wait until the film was out etc. Rah!

Anyway, the aforementioned travel fine came about due to my passing out on the train shortly after leaving Liverpool Street this evening. Was a bit tipsy I'll admit, but the power of my lovely Playstation Portable is usually enough to sustain me. Didn't have it on me today cos I'd finished all my games. Very stupid of me, cos even if I just use it as an Ipod it keeps me ticking over long enough to remain concious until my stop. I didn't even think to use my old trick of annoying similarly innebriated passengers with non-stop chatter as a means of staying awake.

...and so I found myself waking up in Dis, which is apparently near Norwich. I felt obliged to tip the Cabbie a tenner after he drove me 60 miles back to where I should have got off the train. So that's my lot for the weekend I think...

No comments: