Sunday 22 April 2007

More wallet rape...

Following on from Friday night's unintentional purse masochism, after last night I don't think I'll be going out again. Ever.

Popped into town yesterday afternoon to get some more fuel for the PSP (to avoid falling asleep on future train journeys) and I'm thinking - despite promising myself that the rest of the weekend would be safely spent in my bedroom - that the sun is out, it's a really nice day, maybe I should take advantage of the better side of this country's shaky climate with a nice cool beer outside a pub somewhere. Just the one mind...

I call up JC, who I know is already in Town, but he's not having any of it after the 'silly hat party' he went to the night previous. So I call up Matt, who drags himself out of his instance* to come and meet me.

We have a couple of pints down the Bay Horse (my long term local) and are eventually joined by Rob (my former housemate) and Lucy (his girlfriend - who moved in when I upgraded to the room at Matt's place). 2 more beers and Rob is getting hungry, so we move on to the Thai restaurant across the road.

By now of course, the damage is done. Myself and Matt (And Jens, who appears at some point during the course of our Meal) go off to O Connors for more beer and then two more clubs before we finally run out of money and go back home.

Watched Tenacious D when I got home, and all I can remember about that was that it wasn't very good. At all. I feel like my wallet has been sexually violated. That's my lot. Until New York of course (gulp!).

*An instanced Zone - in the drug that is World of Warcraft.

No comments: