Sunday 27 May 2007

New York - Day 7.5 (or Home Sweet Raining Home)

That's all Folks!

We spent our last day (or rather, afternoon) doing some last minute shopping round 34th Street, the deaprtment store hell that is Macys and Times Square. Couldn't get that 'Hiro' shot Stan asked us to get cos they were building on the only spot I can imagine they might have filmed it.

Got myself an NYPD T Shirt and a load of US Sweeties for work with my last remaining dollars. Got accosted by more rappers who insisted that press-ganging us into buying their hip hop was at least better than trying to sell us drugs, before trying to sell us drugs.

Once we were done shopping we used our remaining steam to high-tail it back to the hotel, away from the heat and sweat of the sidewalks...

...and then a yellow cab, airplane, tube, train & mini-cab later, I arrive back home, at approximately midday. I've skimmed over some of the highlights with Landlord/Housemate, Matt, but it's merely the tip of the iceberg until I can finish unpacking myself and getting my head around the change of location.

I literally emptied all my bags on to my bed as a means to find the motivation to sort through it all so that I might have a bed to sleep in once it's all done. And it IS pretty much all done now. Damn my organisisation skills :) I even have my photos uploading to picassa as I type. I am THAT organised. Doh.



Anyway, I'm feeling quite disgusted with myself for allowing myself to spend so much money on all of this, but there's no use crying over spilt milk now. It was absolutely worth every single penny. I just can't really allow myself anywhere near a pub for the month of June... :)

So yeah... Am uploading photos now so will add them into all my blog posts where relevant. I may also elaborate on things here and there if they come to me. After all, I've mainly done this blog for myself, so that I might remember the whole thing a bit better by, say... the time I return from my next trip.

I quite fancy Egypt actually...

No comments: